Raw Mango is such flavourful vegetables that it adds a kick to any curry or side dish that you make. They can be used in a lot of variations.When they are in the season you would find them in my vegetable basket all the time. Raw mango is full of vitamin C more than the ripe mangoes. Do you know that one raw mango completes your daily requirement of vitamin C . They are so good for immune system and detoxification too. One of my nutrition friend, gave me this tip and since then I have all the more reason to use them more often.
Mango season is almost over and I am posting Kache Aam ki Khatti Meethi Launji . Well to that I would say throughout I was busy eating them and now that they are getting over I am posting LOL. Bad Joke well ;-).
Do Check my other post for more raw mango recipes Hari Mirch Karonda|green chilly and carandas fry, Kairi ki Kadhi | Raw Mango kadhi, धनिये अमिया की चटनी |Tangy spicy Coriander and raw mango dip , Khatta Meetha Kaddu using raw mango
Step By Step Recipe for Kache Aam ki Khatti Meethi Launji
1.Peel and deseed green mangoes.
2.Cut and chopped into small cubes. Keep aside.
3.Heat a wok and add ghee/clarified butter.
5.Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black salt,jaggery/sugar and fennel seeds.
Your Kache Aam ki Khatti Meethi Launji is ready to serve. You can store this in an airtight clean glass jar inside the refrigerator for 2-3 months. But I bet this will be over within few days. It can be served with pakode,dahi bade or simply like this poori or parantha. A Great Lunchbox idea for kids too
- 1 medium raw mango(unripe)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp jaggery/gud or sugar
- ½ tbsp clarified butter/ghee
- ½ tsp black salt
- 2 cardamom
- Peel and deseed green mangoes.
- Cut and chopped into small cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat a wok and add ghee/clarified butter.
- Add cumin seeds. Once they start spluttering. Add Raw mango cubes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black salt,jaggery/sugar and fennel seeds.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When the raw mango pieces turn soft. Switch off the flame and sprinkle cardamom powder.